Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chapter 2 - The Goldsmith

hello readers
as i flipped through the page and moved on to read chapter 2, i noticed that all the pages were blacked out.
However on the last page of this chapter i saw a letter stuck to it, i was curious into seeing what this letter is about, so i opened it up and found an old looking letter, with the edges burned and folded and on the letter i found a sticky note that said, "Chapter 2".
Only to assume that the letter sums up the chapter, or is the chapter
and so i read it
and i realized that it wasn't a letter it was a diary or a journal entry, it had a drawing next to it, and it was colorful and pleasing to the eye
and this is what it said;

dear diary

my father is a great man, a very talented man, a leader.
i am proud to say that he is MY father.
My fathers work was also something that i took pride of, because of the skill required in his job, my father is a man with a high status and man with a wonderful occupation. My fathers job required its own delicate touch, my father worked in his workshop and mother would often get concerned for him about his health, and she also thought it was a bad environment for me to because of the dust, ash and smoke, but my i love observing my father, i find it very interesting. one day this women came into my fathers workshop, and gave him a golden trinket and asked him to work on it for her as soon as possible, generally the women required the trinket for a certain date for the festival of Ramadan or
Tabaski. The women had hired a praise singer to encourage my father at work and also to
motivate him so he would be able to do the best job that he can, praise singers are men who would help with encouraging and thanking my father while he works, before he works and after he works. i think my father is a great man and does his work well and he doesn't need praise singers because he will still do well without them, and also lets not
forget my fathers dark snake, always there giving him good fortune.

after reading this diary it gave me an idea of how the father is strict at following his rituals and also brings back the idea of Camar's curiosity, and that was shown in this passage towards his fathers work and his fascination towards his work.



No comments:

Post a Comment